maligning the Holley

In a message dated 8/8/2002 4:36:26 PM Central Daylight Time, mechimike@xxxxxxxxx writes:

My solution was to install 3 metal plates sandwiched
between 4 carburator gaskets, thus creating a
miniature radiator under the carb.  During really hot
(95 degree plus) days with the A/C on, the idle is
still a little rough, but its much improved.

Mike,
What kind of metal did you use and what was the thickness of each layer please? I am assuming the gasket material you are describing is the 'darkish brown', maybe 1/32" stuff that is rather common at auto parts stores?
Ron...