Carb re-build

Its possible that your dieseling was due to too lean mixture at idle and carb
related vacuum leaks .  Was your idle real bad?

The price is close to what I recently had to pay to get my Rochester rebuilt.
My mechanic though is quite expensive, but I trust him.  That's why I try to
have him work on the car only if its something tricky (like rebuilding a
Rochester) or I do not have the right tools (like when he worked on my rear end
seal over a year back).
D^2