scanning in FSMs for the website

--- "A. Foster" <monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kenyon;
>  I think that the most sensible thing to do would be to
> scan these manuals
> into downloadable files.

Good idea - keep 'em coming!  I had fancied being able to
look pages/sections up online, but I'm not married to
anything.  Also not averse to Kerry's question of "why are
we in a rush to do each full FSM?"  The suggestions for
wiring diagrams and essentials was a good one.  I'm on the
fence and want continued input, as I can see both sides.

> download the file and then
> print it out at home.
>  One thing that would also save space would be to break
> the files up into
> specific systems for the car, like a Motor manual. This
> would save on
> reprinting the engine overhaul section of each year's
> manual. For example
> the 1959 to 1965 Imperials all used the 413 so, other
> then noting production
> changes, the overhaul sections were basically the same.

OK, but if we just scan and dump the entire thing to a file
or wherever, the reader is responsible to figure out the
yearly differences (or we can note them too).  What if we
condense and then screw up and omit information as we
consolidate items.  I don't really mind the idea, but can
imagine things going wrong or being omitted.  The work to
write the manuals has been done for 40 years, -why rewrite
to condense?  This is not a rhetorical question.

Then again, we can have Dick B, who is recreating the
inspection markings on his engine compartment, proof it.
(that's humor - the guy's the energizer bunny).

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious