A true luxury car

John;
 Are you talking about the rocker panel moulding that runs below the doors? I can't speak for the 1956 Imperial but in the case of my car Chrysler used a moulding of the same profile on all of their cars in that year, the main difference being in length. Perhaps mother MoPar cut corners in the same way with the 56's. The mounding can be fixed, and invisibly, by a decent chrome shop if you can't find another.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.