LeanBurn to Electronic Ignition Kit

Rob...
I think your statement is more accurate than mine... the Edelbrock Performer
is a replacement for AFB carbs with a solid aluminum body. The other problem
is it is not "emissions" rated, so technically i can't use it on a 79
LeBaron. Both the Thermoquads and AFB are four barrel spreadbores, so they
will fit on the same intakes. That's good.
 Summit listed earlier this year the replacement for the Carter Thermoquad,
( I havent seen it in recent catalogs, though) but many people said it
wasn't really a Carter, and had leakage problems, and was not that great for
longevity. I carefully examined at Performer this weekend, and it will fit
say a 75-79 four barrel intake, but you have to buy  an Edelbrock linkage
adapter for Chrysler applications, no big deal, but the thing looked a
little....Tinny? I don't know. I've seen them on 318's and 360's at Mopar
shows, so I know they can be used. And it seems the price is good. If anyone
has experience putting a Performer carb on a 75-80 318 or 360, I'd love to
hear how it works, especially in relation to the closed fuel system with
charcoal canister.