From: A. Foster
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 55 for sale read description

Mat;
 That 55' sedan and that 59' limo have been up for sale for at least six months a piece on that website. The 59' Ghia limo has been up on E-bay at least twice before that. The limousine is a neat car, definitely worth fixing up, but it's a lot of bread for a chicken coop special, even a Ghia. It just needs too much work for that amount of money.
 The price that they are asking for that 55' sedan is a joke, judging by the pictures it looks like it had a quick and dirty restoration done on it. Considering what they want for the car one would think that they could supply more pictures of it inside and out. I don't know what you 55' owners think but navy blue metallic just looks wrong on the dashboard. It looks like someone painted it with a spray bomb. The door panels I wouldn't know about, but the front seat looks like a vinyl bench out of a truck. This sort of restoration would be acceptable in a Plymouth, tolerable in a Windsor, but an Imperial? No wonder that no one's bought it, especially for $18,000.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.
P.S You have to have a very good Chebby sedan to even come close to $18,000, and thats for a 57'!