up in flames!

I put a "new" stromberg carb onto a british car that I
owned (when I didn't know better).  The float had a pinhole
in it and the bowl gasket seeped.  No ignition - I caught
it as I installed it and pressureized the fuel line, just
couldn't miss it with the hood open and other stuff not
connected yet.  It is technically possible to get a carb or
the fuel line going to it to leak, but not probable.

Also:

I spilled ATF on a hot exhaust manifold, resulting in 3-5
inch high flames and the gas station's squeegee water
bucket going into the engine compartment to put it out, so
I think that it is possible to gain ignition from the heat
of the manifolds, however unlikely.

Hopefully your Imperial phoenix will arise from those
flames.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious

San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area