Help with cig. lighter in rear door OF '61 Crown

Help with cig. lighter in rear door OF '61 Crown

Hello all in Imperial land.....

I sucessfully reconnected the wire to the cigarette lighter housing on  the driver side rear door.   It works.   However on the passenger side rear door...when  the cig. lighter is pushed in and is pulled out, the entire housing comes out.  The side of the housing has two clips which should hold it securely in place, but they do not hold.   I tried opening the clips a bit wider but that did not work either.
I examined the other door and it appears that I am not missing any parts.  Any suggestions?

John and Big Red