Fanatical Imperial owners?

Allan:

I think  being "fanatical" about Imperials is a good thing!

I know I ,for one, take great pride in being an "Imperial fanatic" and being
a part of such a terrific venue as this club. The dedication, information
and enthusiasm present in the OIC are fantastic. These cars are very rare,
unusual, excellent and misunderstood. So, preservation and enthusiasm help
preserve both the cars and their place in automotive history. And that
requires dedication born out of this admiration and devotion. It is great to
hear of young owners who enjoy -and are dedicated to- their Imperials. And
I, for one, do all I can to "enlighten" associates and friends of mine on
this great luxury marque.

I concur with all your other points regarding cultural acceptance of
Imperials; an issue that has been widely discussed in this forum, and with
good reason. Also, and as you stated in your case, many of the members and
owners have all heard misnomers used in connection with their cars; "Impala"
"What kind of Cadillac or Lincoln is that?", et al. Which, indirectly,
underscores the fact that Imperials are very exclusive and rare.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and "Happy Imperialing"

Jeffrey in Texas