Fanatical Imperial owners?

Hi Allen:

I was quiet impressed with your post about Fanatics.  The post was at such a aproprated time since my father was over on Saturday and I was in the middle of putting the finishing touchs on my car  before going to the Woodward Dream Cruise.  He sat watching me and I was talking about my car and the next show and the cruise and he said "enough already !" and than he called me a fanatic. LOL.  I sat back and though.  how dare he call me that.  and than I went and looked up the offical definiton of the word.  " marked by enthusiam and often uncritical devotion"    Ok so dad's always right !  but it's not a bad thing!  I am glad that I have something to be fanatic about.
I have only been taking my car to shows for the past 5 years.  Before that i was busy being a single mom.   My car was only used once in a while just to keep it from rotting away in my garage.   Than I decided it was time to enter my first show.  I knew nothing!   And although i loved my car I couldn't understand why everyone else didn't?    I felt that unless my car had a noisy exhaust system and i could burn rubber it was nothing acording to the judges of these shows.
So the next few years I researched my car and decided to learn as much as i can so that i can begin to let ppl know just how special my car really is/
I made up a info sign so when i showed my car it showed the history of it.   Suddenly 5 years later I have definitly recognized the difference in ppls opions of the original or restored vechiles.    Just this year i have won so many awards and trophies etc for my car and so many more ppl ..even younger ppl are becomeing more impressed bye the imperials ..etc.  Yes sometimes it is still called a Lincoln or limo or caddy but I am fast to correct them.
I am a fanatic!  and I'm so glad that i found this list to be more involved with other fanatics.

donna      :-)
fanatic from michigan
1966 Imperial Labaron