Mirror Help

Both of my '62's have day/night rear view mirrors.  These mirrors are made up of a wedge-shaped piece of glass mirrored silver.  The frame is turned over the lip of the mirror and holds the glass in place.  The problem is that these mirrors are susceptible to moisture penetration and the glass develops "rust" spots.

The best help I've found so far is someone is willing to break out the glass and install a flat mirror in its place, destroying the "day/night" feature.  The new mirror would be cut to the correct shape but would be slightly smaller than the original glass and there would be a gap around the edges (between the mirror and the frame).  YUK!  I would like to find someone who has experience in restoring these correctly and can do it right.  Can anyone provide leads or point me in the direction of someone who's needed this service in the past and are satisfied with the results?

Thanks,

Bob Trepanier