6 volt systems

Hello list,
This my first venture into the iml since i am a new subscriber. The
amount of talk about 6 voly electrical systemsreally caught my attention.
I am no expert but my solution to the slow cranking, etc problem was to
simply drop an 8 volt battery into the car, reset the voltage regulator
to charge 8 volts and thats it.  The only down side to this solution is
that i can not find a battery charger that will charge 8 volts.
Lynn Moyer,pennsylvania
1953 newport coupe
Looking for upper ,middle and lower grille bars