Who was first with fins?

In my opinion, Chrysler Corp. achieved both the best and the worst (maybe a
tie with '59 Cad on the latter) with fin design.

Best: '57 and '58 Chrysler

Worst: '60 Plymouth (caricature, basically). '61 Dodge, maybe.

The original '48 and '49 Cadillac handled fins well.

Of course, the more grotesque, the more saleable they are, these days!

Currell