Lets settle this oil thing--vounteer needed!

Lets settle this oil thing--vounteer needed!

In a message dated 9/12/2002 5:44:50 PM Central Daylight Time, pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Ok, We need a test case.  I hear and understand what
D2 is saying and actually agree with his words.  I;m
struggling with the difference between the theory that
D2 correctly describes and what I perceive to be the
real world.

Kerry & All Interested,
I have used 20w50 (Pennzoil now) from several oil companies over the years. I have used it in everything from the 'Leaning Tower of Power' slant six, to out and out Racing Hemis, ... and everything in between. I have never had a 'smoker' when I started using the 20w50 from new, and I have substantially reduced oil 'use' and smoking in those that were used when I started using the 20w50. As an absolute minimum, my motors have 150k miles on them when I trade/sell them.
In some cases, my vehicles have been outside, even in the dead of winter in Northern Illinois, and my cars have never failed to start. Yes, there were some mornings when I thought for sure they wouldn't start, but they always have.
For what it is worth, I would never use anything other than 20w50 oil in anything I drive now. I intend to buy a Chrysler Hemi C when they finally get available, and I will have to re-evaluate my position vis-a-vis Chrysler's position when I get it. But odds are, it'll have 20w50 Pennzoil in it too!
Just my Nickel's worth!
Ron...