Cold temps and oil

... according
to the owners' manuals these cars are meant to have 5W- oils in them only in
temperatures colder than 10 below (F).  That happens here in Michigan about
once a decade (actual air temp, not wind chill), and if it's that cold, I'm
not goin' out anyway!  I can't imagine even Brad Hogg sees temps that cold
very often... Brad??   Any other members further north???

Well, here in Central, NY we see 20 below zero at least once or twice a winter.  Sometimes we'll have a few days of it.  We actually had 30 below once, but that was a once-in-a-lifetime thing (I hope).

That's one reason I use synthetic oil exclusively (in my daily driver cars), it stays
thin even in the cold.

(I don't drive the Imp after they salt the roads.)

The best engine I ever had especially as far as starting in all weather, was the 440, in my 1972 Town and Country (haze green?) wagon.  It didn't mind the cold at all.

The worst engine (all around problems) was the 360 in my 1979 Dodge Magnum.  When it got that cold, if it didn't start at the first turn of the key, you had better call in late to work.

I also keep at least a blanket, a folding shovel, and jumper cables in all of my cars.  I've used the shovels more than once.

Imperial content.  I saw a brown 80s Imperial in Whitestown NY, just off of Oriskany Blvd.  Wondering if it belongs to a club member?

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx
Marcy, NY  USA

83, broken rear sway bar bracket.