From: "Bill Watson" <wwatson@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: IML: digital dashes

The dash in the 1981-83 Imperial has but one 'gauge' - for fuel.  the other
functions all have idiot lights.

The 1990 Chrysler LeBaron electonic dash has gauges for all functions.
Pretty cool, really, but only the speedometer actually is similar one to the
other.    The LeBaron dash is the same as the New Yorker, Fifth Avenue and
Imperial dashes of 1990, by the way.

The 1990 LeBaron is narrower than the 1981-83 Imperial (LeBaron - 68.5",
Imperial - 72.7"), so the dash would be narrower.  Comparing the dashes of
the two, the electronic cluster of the LeBaron seems both narrower and
shallower than the 1981-83 Imperal,   You might have some room left over if
you put the LeBaron dash cluster in the Imperial.

The 1990 LeBaron/New Yorker/Fifth Avenue/Imperial dash does address the
biggest drawback of the 1981-83 Imperial dash, in my mind.  The lack of
gauges.   I miss the alternator and temperature gauges on my 1983 Imperial.
I like to know what is going on before the light comes (hopefully) and
things blow up.

Bill
Vancouver, BC