Speaker question

I am not DB, but the least you could do is add one 4 ohm resistor in series per
speaker.  I suspect that a 5W or so resistor will do it, but if the resistor is
too small (in terms of watts), it will only burn out (act as a fuse) so then
you replace with a higher wattage unit.  These are very cheap.  D^2