Not a stupid question.

Boy am I glad you asked!!

------------------------------------
From: Jim Gathmann <jim_gathmann@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: digital dashes
Speaking of 80's Imperials, here's a quite stupid
question...

What body is the 80's Imperial classified as? By that
I mean is it an M body, etc?
From: "Dick Benjamin" <DickB@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Body identification for Bustle-Back Coupes
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:34:15 -0700
I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but the Imperial in 1981-1983
is considered the "Y" model.  The Mirada and Cordoba share many body and
chassis parts.   As for the questions about suspension parts, I believe many
of those interchange also, but you need to consult a Hollander's to be sure.

OK, first, I have been trying to figure out the answer to this question forever.

Now, Dick is correct in stating that "Y" is the designation in the FSM for the 80s Imps.  (X and S are used for the Cordoba and Mirada, but I'm not sure which is which.)

SO, is this the SAME designation that they talk about on all the web pages and advertisements when looking for parts and NEVER, EVER, seeing a "Y" listed?

You see B body, M body, E body -  yeah so???  Means nothing to me.

Is there a place to look these codes up???

And, what the heck is a Hollander's???

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY, USA
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

Can't find that stupid sway bar bracket ANYWHERE!

Grrrrrr!!!