broken shafts

My '67 just broke its camshaft.  I thought _that_ was
unusual...but its cast.  The forged steel crank in
'67's are all but indestructible.  How it managed to
break is beyond my comprehension, unless something was
way out of balance, the engine was revved hard, no
oil, or perhaps (if the car was a low-mileage model)
it could have been a birth defect.