M Body and J Body Suspension

In one word - yes.

But, not only do the M and J bodies share suspension components, but so do
the F and Y bodies.   So, that means all Plymouth Volare (1976-80), Plymouth
Caravelle (1978-89 - RWD), Plymouth Gran Fury (1982-89), Dodge Aspen
(1976-80), Dodge Diplomat (1977-89), Dodge Mirada (1980-1983), Chrysler
LeBaron (1977-81), Chrysler Cordoba (1980-1983), Chrysler New Yorker/Fifth
Avenue (1982-89 - RWD) and Imperial (1981-83) share the same front and rear
suspension components.

There are small differences when talking about shock absorbers, bushings and
the like, especially for the Imperial, but the main hardware is all the
same.   There are differences, too, in the rear leaf springs, but they will
all interchange.   Heavy-duty and police rear springs had five leaves, while
all the other models had four.

By the way, Chrysler made only two types of torsion bars for the F-M-J-Y
bodies :

4014 142-3 : non-police models
4014 288-9 : police package

(where 4014 142 is right side and 4014 143 is left side)

Bill
Vancouuver, BC