HELP chrome plating pot metal

You would probably be better off finding New Old Stock parts, or western
desert used pieces. There are a lot of arizona junkyards that advertise in
Pot metal plating is an art.  There is a place that advertises in Hemmings
Motor News that they do show chrome on diecast.  I will be they are really
proud of their work, too.  Another problem with replating diecast, is that
sometimes the part just disappears in the solutions.

John