Flooded cars

> can call drain.  Park the car in a low humidity, warm environment for a
> while, to make sure it is thoroughly dry.  Then sniff - if you smell
mildew
> or something worse, it is probably never going to go away, and you'd best
> plan on parting it out.
>
> Dick Benjamin

Good advice.  Air circulation is critical, as stagnant air will promote the
growth of the mold.  You can hook up a small fan, possibly with dryer duct
hoses to 'point' the air in the nooks and crannies.

Here's another, rather unusual technique I have used successfully to
eliminate mold from the interior of a car.

I gas-sterilized the interior.  Gas sterilization is a techniques used to
sterilize medical devices that cannot tolerate the heat of steam
sterilization (or autoclaving).  Basically, a gas is introduced into the
interior of the car, via small pressurized cannisters that are placed inside
the car.  The gas kills all bacteria and viruses.  Mold does not have a
chance.  The gas does not stain or harm anything, and once evacuated there
are no lingering odors or dangers.

B U T :

This is _not_ something to casually try - in fact, you will not even be able
to get the necessary supplies unless you are a physician.  This MUST be done
under a doctor's supervision!  But it works, particularly on that nasty mold
that lives in leather interiors and that always seem to recur.

If you have a mold problem that you cannot solve, consider seeing a doctor!
;)

John