82 Imperial rear shelf

The rear shelf in my Imperial looks bad and I'm not sure how to fix it. It's
the same plush carpet as the floor but the sun has faded it and it appears
someone has attempted to dye it.

I'm having a new headliner and some leather seat panels replaced and the
trim shop owner couldn't match the carpet texture. He showed me samples of
the same color in a "short-hair" pile.

Has anyone had good results with dye on the long, plush fiber carpet found
in these Imperials?

Does anyone know of a reliable source for exact replacement carpet (keeping
in mind I only need to replace the rear shelf and not the molded carpet on
the floor)?

The trip to the trim shop was about sixty miles and it was pleasurable. Even
though the Imperial shares the same body with the Fifth Ave, there's a lot
of difference in ride and handling between it and my daily driver.

Happy New Year

Phil Brust
Jefferson GA
73 & 82 Imperial