Please Read ~ What's going on with the IML and bad vibes??!?!?

Please Read ~ What's going on with the IML and bad vibes??!?!?

There have been some emails that have been coming through that have been
flying pretty far off course lately, and I want to call everyone's
attention to it (perhaps you've already noticed?).

Some time back, when the Admin group was writing authors of poor posts
frequently and telling them to toe the line, as the letter of the IML Club
rules asks, we got a few negative responses about authoritarian and overly
harsh control due to hurt pride and feelings.  Some valued (and some not
valued) contributors quit the list because they felt like things were too
tight.  The admin group discussed this and informally agreed to raise the
threshold at which we get involved to allow freer discourse.

Here we are today.

This is a common area, like a town square.  Please pause before sending
your emails to the general population.  I beg you to re-read your
messages, filtering them for intelligent, Imperial relevant information,
positive energy, and most of all tone.

I've been hitting <cancel> lately on unsent posts after I decided that my
thoughts just aren't advancing the discussions that I start to write in
on.  I've seen some missed opportunities to do the same in other's posts
of late.

There is no body language or nuance here.  Humor is the toughest thing to
convey without torqueing somebody up with your words.   Your script stands
alone, and it's human tendancy to interpret things written in emails
negatively, so look out for things that can boomerang back and hit you in
the back of the head when you're not looking.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, remember
the difference between opinion and fact.  Give the benefit of the doubt on
stuff that ruffles your feathers.  PLEASE!

I'm inclined to submit my vote to the admin group about us speaking more
directly to people that seem to be missing the idea that this is supposed
to be a SUPPORT group for Imperial car owners.  This is a voluntary place
to be, and we need to stay within bounds as a group.

Will you, as a group member, please pay closer attention to your messages
before you post?  Most of our email traffic is just fine, but it takes
everyone to agree before it works like it should....  If everyone mentally
agrees to raise the bar here, the entire fabric of the list grows stronger
and tighter, edging back from its current, loosened state.

Jeff Ingraham put them out just recently, but here's the guidelines that
everyone agreed to as a condition of participation here.  Please take a
refresher look:

Please write to the admin group with any List-related concerns - I'm not
the person to reply to directly.  Admin messages can be sent via the
hotlink in the text at the bottom of each IML message to the following
address:     >>   oic-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   <<

We welcome your suggestions and comments.

Kenyon Wills
IML member/Admin List member