1973 Imperial Pictures from San Francisco

1973 Imperial Pictures from San Francisco

>Can your Imperial handle this hill on 2nd, or do you have to go up w/ 1st
>gear.  Since your car has 3.23 rear, I would supect you can.

The car handles hills just fine and rarely needs first unless taking off
from a stop.

The hill in the pictures is one way (so no uphill shots on that one), and
I used to get serious air there in my VW Golf there when I was young and
dumb.  That poor car...  I regularly jump off crests when going uphill on
my sport-bike, but launches in Imperial Margarine are restricted.  The car
just does NOT like being its tip-toes.

The entertaining things about driving an Imperial in San Francisco are
going down twisty Lombard street and hitting steering lock repeatedly as
you pivot the car down the hill.  Done incorrectly, the street will
require backing up to make some of the turns, which normally offends the
cabbie behind you.  Also, when you come to the top of a steep hill, the
car's hood is so long that it obscures all forward visibility, and you
have to hope that all poodles and old ladies have cleared the
intersection, because there's just no telling what's in your path until
you're 10 feet into the intersection.

-Kenyon