Bucket Seats and Console in a 61 Imperial

Bucket Seats and Console in a 61 Imperial

I think it used to be like this in the 60's.  When my uncle was selling cars he
used to say
people could get just about anything they wanted on a car-- if they were
willing to pay for
it, and if they were willing to wait.  I can't remember any particulars but I
do remember
"special order" cars, which the customer would have to wait on for the factory
to build.  I
don't know what the record is, but I seem to recall someone waiting several
months for a
special order car . . .

Ah, for the "good old days" when you actually had choice.  You could mix &
match any colors
you wanted, just about, and there was a long list of options to choose from.
These days,
if you get a certain exterior color you have, at best, 2-3 interior colors to
choose from
and maybe 3-4 option packages . . . at least it seems that way to me!