IML - DIGEST POSTING

I found the calculations about what is needed to get the 67 Imperial over
200 MPH quite interesting. I'm shooting for 800 HP with forced induction,
(either two superchargers, or twin turbos, and fuel injection, probably the
SDSEFI system www.sdsefi.com) I want to be able to de-tune the engine
somewhat for long trips which is why I will go with the tunable SDS deal. It
also allows for changeable spark timing all controllable from inside the car
while you are driving. I plan on running two gas tanks, one with high octane
stuff, and regular in the other for highway use.

Probably will 335/50/17 tires on the back if I can find wheels to fit them
to keep the gearing high.

>If you are going for top end are you planning on using an 833 o/d or just
>1:1?

Just a 1:1, I have heard the overdrive unit isn't strong enough, even though
I have one.

>I'd be surprised if you can't find an easier method than Shadow pedals.  It

>would seem any c-body with manual trans (few & far between, but in
>existence) would be a closer match.

I have had no luck finding a C Body with a manual transmission, looked
everywhere up here, no one seems to own one let alone a parts car.

>How do you plan on getting near 50-50 weight distribution? Aluminum
>(edelbrock?) heads would sure help. Maybe a Dana to add weight to the rear?
>Sounds like some crazy project. I'd love to see the pix.

I've already got a Dana installed :-) probably going with the aluminum heads
Mopar Performance sells a set that look very tempting although expensive.

--Mike Pittinaro,

I have it. I would really like to go with the 531 CU Crate hemi, but I can't
afford it, or the 500 crate motor right now :(

The Gear Vendors OD is a cool idea, I may go for that. It's not cheap
though.

I do plan on using this car on the street mainly. Will probably commute with
it in the summer :-)

I don't really know where I'll make the 200 MPH attempt, I'll find somewhere
that's strait enough.

Tristan

67 Imperial (hotrod)
64 Imperial Crown