torsion bars hitting floor board

Kevin;
I believe the 71 Imp uses a rubber isolated torsion bar cross-member, and
you've gotten one of the rubber isolaters torn.  They are somewhat like a motor
mount.  They were first used on the '65 Chrysler and C-body Dodges, but only
for one year before they reappeared on the '67 Imp.  It's probably the same
piece.  I replaced the ones on my '65 New Yorker with NOS pieces from Brad's
NOS parts.  It may be something that Damper Doc or Steve Bryan does or can do
to re-vulcanize your old ones.  Check your FSM to see if I'm right on this.
Happy New Year,
Roger