is it worthwhile, was 200 mph 67 Imperial!

Quoting Dick Benjamin <DickB@xxxxxxxxx>:

> 200 MPH 67 Imperial!   Bah - Humbug!
>
> Dick Benjamin

Actually Dick, I am afraid I agree with you.  One of the reasons I like
Chrysler products is that they are well engineered by the factory, so you get
good performance without having to re-engineer much.  Therefore, you get the
OEM reliability (remember, they had a 5 year 50K mile warranty on these cars)
while still having a car that performs and handles well, and even can beat many
modern expensive cars.  Re-engineering a car to that extend that Tristan is
talking opens a new can of worms.  Without the resources of a car industry
development lab, de-bugging such a car for street use is ... let's just say not
easy.  I am sure it can be done if a few engineers put a bunch of their energy
into it.  But I do not have the luxury to apply my engineering knowledge in a
project that a) dooes not pay the bills and b) is a huge potential money sink.
But I am glad Tristan has this luxury.

Anyway, if/when I am ready to work on an expensive toy like that, I would
probably build a home built airplane, where you could cruise at 200 mph
anywhere.  I would keep my Imperials stock at their boring top speed of 135-145
mph.  That's fast enough to scare me, I admit.
D^2