200 mph 67 Imperial!

> >Nothing wrong with a carbureted turbocharged engine.

> Fuel injection is much easier to deal with in a turbo application,

As someone who likes to play with turbo FWD Mopars, I must agree. I wouldn't
even TRY to to turbocharge anything with a carb, unless I had an unlimited
budget for replacement pistons!

Whilst I am a stickler for using OEM parts, (including carbs on Imperials that
originally came with them) you simply cannot make an arguement against the
superiority of a modern (not '81-83) EFI system. What you CAN try to do, is
dream-up a bunch of crazy mis-matched parts (such as a 200 MPH luxury car with
the frontal area of a house, a 1:1 60s-tech manual trans, cobbled brakes &
geometry, 80s New Yorker seats, & carved wood dash) and then bench-race from
now until the end of time.

I watched them build a pontoon boat from an old school bus on Discovery's
Monster Garage, and quite frankly, that project made more sense.

Am I the only person here who realizes that this is a flame-baiting joke?
What's next, advice on how to throw a Chevy body on an Imperial frame to make
it demo-derby legal?

Carmine F.
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup