Fuselage Single exhaust (was Exhaust Question)

Fuselage Single exhaust (was Exhaust Question)

I have had duals installed by Midas on my 70 Newport and my 72 Imperial
with no problems at all. No resonators either and I am not sure what the
noise problem seems to be unless you want whisper quiet. For myself a big
block Mopar, be it Imperial or otherwise, needs to breathe and express
itself. Both have H pipes as this is fairly standard for increased torque
and are 2 1/2 " systems. It is a bit expensive at Midas but they do a good
job and have good warranty. Single exhaust just chokes that engine,duals are
one of  the simplest mods to increase efficiency.

R. Giesbrecht

ello all;
   This is somewhat of a dumb question but since the fuselage cars can't fit
  dual exhaust easily could one just use a larger diameter single pipe? I
know
  that the dual pipes are used for cutting down on the back pressure but
could
  you achieve similar results by using, lets say, a 4''inch single in place
of
  a 2-1\4'' single? Just speculating, I don't even know if you could get a
4''
  pipe or the muffler to fit it.
  Best Regards
  Arran Foster
  1954 Imperial Newport
  Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.