Imperial value and other stuff

Hello All;
 I don't know about this price guide usually most of its values are, shall
we say, hopeful. I don't think that there is one person in ten on this list
who has actually paid book value for their car regardless of condition,
especially Old Cars Price Guide value. Further I would bet that most of the
cars on this list were bought out of someone's driveway in a private sale. I
would also bet that most of the people ran across their cars by accident, I
was actually looking for a DeSoto at the time, and that most sellers were
all too eager to make a deal because they wound up with them the same way. I
would say that an Imperial is still a fairly affordable car to get into
judging by most of the asking prices I have run across in the past year.
 They are, however, not a cheap car to restore; not outrageous but not
cheap. I would say that the bulk of them out there need at least some level
of restoration and because of this most would be lucky to get their money
back out even if they picked up their car for free. No, an old car is not an
investment, its a hobby at best and a money pit at worst. If you want an
investment play the bond market, its much safer.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
(Needing A left side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts plus about a $1000
dollars worth of engine work)