how classic dealers can get you: true stories

Mark McDonald <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
>Was Suncoast Classics the place right off the freeway that had a lot of old car
>memorabilia in the office?  Did they have a gold '68 Imperial there?
>
>I seem to remember these folks but I may be wrong.

No, they were on Gulf-to-Bay, near Golden Classics, and disappeared
(literally) May 1st 1996.  The owner of Golden Classics, I read in the
StPeteTimes btw, is retiring after 27yrs in business to a million-dollar
estate  with a 30 car garage.  If one was in the business through the
early 90s, and today, there's gold in them thar old cars.

As a buyer I've never bought from a "classic car" dealer but I have
bought "blind" many times, the last 3 were all via newsgroups on the
Internet and still have all 3 including my Imperial which I couldn't be
happier with.  The story is here:
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1955/deCarteret/ but in brief ...
a local club member took on helping the widow sell her husbands '55, it's
a really nice running car that was fairly represented and I'm looking
forward to springtime!  Norm

--
"All animals are in Spam, but some are more in Spam than others"    --
George Orwell Hormel