From: "bob siliani" <bsiliani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 6:42 PM
Subject: Subject: IML: Putting out car fires

I also keep a small fire extinguisher in older cars, cause it's the best
thing for small fires. But the suggestion of keeping a battery terminal
cable very snug but being able to (pull) it off by hand is a good idea. I
always pull off one of the cables when car is sitting for an extended
period of time. I have never had a problem doing this, just remember to
keep it very tight so that it is not easy to pull off. I learned from
experience that if I smell something funny, the first thing I do is
disconnect battery.