Lincoln "Imperial"

>From Chris:
The show cars, however, don't have the magic that the
concepts of the '80s and '90s did... Chronos, Atlantic, Portofino, 300,
Citadel, etc

I definitely agree the designs nowadays leave alot to be desired...Wow, I
hadn't heard of any of these concepts. Just looked at them on the
internet. Chronos and Atlantic were sharp. I thought the rest were mutts.
I would think, tho, that if they were to dream up a new Imperial a full
sized rwd, V8 luxo boat would be the thing to do. As sharp looking as the
new 300's and lesser models look, the whole deal doesn't cut it for me.
I'm afraid I'm stuck on rwd and V8 power. Anything else for me is just
"almost, but not quite". Yes, I think its a shame what GM has put those
old names on. I wish they wouldn't do that. So many of the new vehicles,
and it covers the different types of vehicles too, look the same. Flared
fenders, bulbous frontends. And then they copy each other after a
fashion. And when they do something neat, they still seem to botch it. I
look at the PT Cruiser as a prime example. When I first saw it, I
thought, way cool. Then I found out it sat on a Neon chassis. How sad.
Then my wife got to drive one for the day. She was looking forward to it,
but it took about 1 block for her(and me) to realize it was not what it
could have been. Good place for a small V8 and rwd! But one of the
sharpest looking things on the road. Also, and some of you will probably
cringe, but I have always thought the SUV was one of the best, most
practical ideas anybody had come up with in a lot of years. Ah,
well...old Imperials will remain....extremely cool.

Sorry,

Dave
67 HAZE GREEN Sedan
Covington, Wa.