An 81-83 EFi can Be Reliable!

William and co,

I have an 82 Imp which over the last 6 years has never failed to start
and has never broken down, as Rolland says good ones are just that
and bad ones usually get sold on quickly.

I have taken long trips (for the UK) in my 82 without any problems besides
a blocked high pressure spray bar last summer  which was probably
caused by my meddling with the HSA etc. The longest trip was for a two weeks
in the western Loire region of France with a car and trunk full of camping gear
(so no room for a spare EFI system or Dick B ;o) without a hitch.

During your resto check everything relating to the EFI system following the info
on the IOC website but the most important part would be If it starts, idles and drives ok
the following will apply "if it aint broke don't fix it".

Ps. if you are retrimming the headlining and need any advice there are at least four
of us who have been down that road so we can help you out there if you get stuck.

Neil 82 Imp
Middlesex, England