Protection from mothes and removing the smell of mothballs

Protection from mothes and removing the smell of mothballs

John;
 I had a moth problem with a garage sale item and sprayed it with a no name equivalent of Raid. There must be another way to do this but I haven't had a moth problem since. Another solution might be to try some pyrithrin, main ingredient in flea powder and flea shampoo. To be honest I haven't noticed a moth problem in my 54' Imperial, and this is a moth prone climate, it's main pestilence problem was with rats but that was with the P.O. I think that the best method is to keep the car inside, sealed up tight, with the windows shut, and check on it regularly.
 Getting rid of the mothball smell will take time more then anything else. Park it outside with the windows rolled down on some warm, breezy days. My experience with mothballs is that the smell only lingers if the mothballs are still present, are you sure you have removed them all? There may be some still underneath the seats or between the cushions.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.