lockup converter?

For all folks driving a 78 or later rear drive Chrysler product, I have a
question.

My 68 LeBaron has a lockup converter.  I suspect the whole transmission is from
a 78 model year car.  The lockup operation was not consistent for a while, but
now is even worse.  Its completely locked up.  Its like driving a standard with
no clutch.  Is there a way I can disconnect the lockup without overhauling the
whole transmission?  My goal is to continue driving the car for a while till
other parts of the tranny eventually fail...

Thankx

D^2, 2x68s