new pics and infos ('57/61 models)

Hi all,
I was at Retromobile Salon this week-end and i've taken some pics of the
'61 "Shriner" convertible engine which was displayed on the Chrysler
stand.  The engine looks better than new !!
http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/61shriner-us.htm.
I met also a friend who has a '57 IM1-1  2 dr HT (IM1-1 = base model).
This car has manual windows (but power seat..). I also took some pics of
the hubcaps: seems that IM1-1 had hubcaps with hub but not the 3 little
fins.. So i was wrong when i assumed that base models have plain hubcaps
and spinner !! I think that IM1-1 had hubcaps with (die-cast or
stainless, the car has the 2 models..) hub but no "fins". Crown had same
hubcaps but the hub had 3 "fins" (die-cast or integral die-cast spinner).
I resume:
IM1-1: hubcaps with die-cast hub or  hubcap with integral hub; NO fins !
IM1-2 (Crown): hubcaps with spinner: die-cast hub + 3 "fins" OR
integral hub + 3 die-cast "fins"
IM1-4 (Le Baron): Spinner as Crown but hubcap is different (like "300")
See http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/differ57_us.htm for "manual" windows
and http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/enjol57_us.htm for hubcaps

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad