Substitute fender pentastars

The metal Pentastar arrived for model year 1963 at or near the start of
production.

The plastic Pentastar went away in the first few weeks, maybe even days, of
model year 1972 production (fall of 1971). Technically 1972 cars do not have
it, but the brochure cars (which were built in 1972 guise during the 1971
model year to meet the advertising production schedule) still show the right
front fender wearing the 'star. (They also show the wrong center caps on
most rallye wheels, so don't believe everything you see in brochures to be
what was produced!)

By the way, I'm in the new-car brochure business and it's my job to make
sure what we show and what we say is correct to what they make! Not an easy
task, as we don't control the factory!

Chris in LA