Calgary World of Wheels Show

Today's venture was the World of Wheels show.  It was pretty good, a lot
of Mopar stuff there.  I've never seen so many 426 Hemi and 440 cars in
one place before, they may have outnumbered the mustangs(!).  The local
Mopar club (they pretend to be an all inclusive club, but they only seem
to represent Roadrunners, Superbees, etc. at shows and on their website)
had a good number of cars.  Maybe this is just my opinion, but I was
disappointed not to see very many origninal, or even restored to
original condition cars.  Most of them seemed to be way too perfect,
somehow a 100% perfect underhood just doesn't look right.

Anyway, on to what was there that would interest this group.  There was
also a "Classic Car Auction."  I was happy to see that a 74 and a 78 NYB
classified as classic cars.  The 78 was a St. Regis Golden Fawn with a
really nice interior, 400.  It was obviously a Calgary car since the
rear quarters were a little rusty, someone had started to repair, but
didn't get past putting a little primer on.  The front was typically
rock chipped.  I don't know what it finally went for, but I heard the
auctioneer say $4000 at one point.  If that's what an NYB in okay, but
not wonderful, condition is going for these days maybe it's time to sell!

The 74 was pretty nice, green ext, green cloth and white vinyl roof.
The stainless on the bottom of the car really is impressive, but
obviously a rust magnet.  This car too had rusty quarters.  One thing I
noticed was that it seemed to have a blower type rear defrost.  There
was a hole in the right spot of the package shelf, and no electric
defrost.  I'm not sure if this was an option, but the trunk was locked
so I couldn't check for sure.

Unfortunately there wasn't an Imperial to be found.  I had that faint
hope that I might actually get to see a 61 Imp in person.  Sigh.  But
then again, the luxury market was under-represented, there was only one
Caddy that I saw and no Lincolns.

James