Starter motor suppliers

Quoting Dick B,
> However, the questioner has a 1960 - are we saying that even in 1960,
Mopar
> used Delco as a supplier?    Count me as astonished!

I wasn't implying that the 1960 had and Ac Delco starter originally, my
point
was that in the US you are used to Ac Delco being a GM parts supplier
whereas
in the UK we have US supported Ac Delco suppliers selling parts for all the
manufacturers, the prices are high but the quality is the best we can get
i.e. 82 starter £118 or $177 which is a hell of a price for a starter
(please someone don't start a survey of world starter prices) but beggars
can't be choosers, when we ring round the suppliers and find one of them has
what will make our car go again we don't normally care what it says on the
box we are just happy that we have the part.

Neil 82 Imp (Doubled in value with shiny starter)
London, England.