Carburetor Problem

D2,
The Rochester isn't stock, right? I never heard of a factory Mopar with a
Rochester.
Also the AVS should be a square bore, not a spread bore. Please correct me
if I'm wrong, but if IRC the spread bore was small primary large secondary
bores. That would be your Rochester and the Thermoquad and maybe some
others.  AFB, AVS and most Holleys should be square bore. To switch from one
to the other you need to switch manifolds or use a rather inelegant adapter.
This may not be too bad-like a spacer plate.
Rob