65 gear selector fix

The gear indicator needle on the dash that points to P-N-R-D-2-1, is
attached to the column shift handle by a wire in a cable and works much like
a bicycle break/gear cable. The wire is brittle and breaks in time.

As some one suggested, (I forgot who it was..sorry man, great suggestion
though) I could replace it with piano wire. Couldn't find any (I called a
million piano people, honest no help) and the wire at my local hardware
store was too thick or soft.

I did however pick up a foot of the afore mentioned bicycle cable (much
easier to get a hold of, nicer people too), cable brackets (mirror hangers
with the rings removed) and much more dependable (stiffer) wire.
The result is mechanically identical and very easy to put together (took
longer to remove the instrument fascia).

If you want an idea of what it looks like I can email a picture of it
sitting next to the original cable.

I also have a great pic of the dash instruments completely exposed (showing
the location of the cable) if anyone has never seen what it all looks like
under the fascia (very cool, very distracting when driving, lots of spinney
twirly things,  much like the play mobile play set on my old high-chair)
Any ways man, its a great fix and Im rather proud of it.

Tanks
Johan
65 LeBaron
Washington DC