AVS adjustment screw plugs

=================================
Subject: RE: IML: AVS back in production
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:11:47 -0800
The number on the tag of my carb Indicates it is a '68 model AVS, it has
only one adjustment screw that both my expert MOPAR mechanic, and a good
friend (who rebuilt it, and said I really needed new metering rods, but
we can't get any for it) cannot get it to work properly.
=================================
My Dad had a '69 Dodge Coronet w/383.

I remember he had a lot of trouble keeping it
running right.  I also remember him talking about
the carb having only one adjustment screw for
both barrels.

I know he changed it, but don't know what with.

Would it be possible to drill out the factory plugs
like they show in the manuals?  I don't think
it's that hard to do.  I did it on my 84 Caravan.
The manual told me what diameter and where to
drill.  (Of course I plugged the holes back up -NOT!)

(Wasn't the same carb as yours of course.)

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx