Tragic accident followup

Hi All,

I am sure my buddy Bob never gave it a thought when he crawled under that car to work on the transmission.  His mind was on the task at hand.  And if he hadn't jostled the car with his body movements or jerking on the wrench, things might have been ok.  He might still be alive today.  But something went awfully wrong and he is (sadly) now gone.  If anything positive can be said regarding this unfortunate and tragic incident it is that many of you are now payng more attention to jack stand safety. Being aware of the dangers and actually taking the time to make sure the car is steady and not going to fall are two entirely different things.  Be safe everyone and remember my buddy Bob.  He was a great guy, an excellent mechanic and parts refurbisher and most of all a really good friend.  Thanks to all of you who emailed me with your condolences.  I appreciate it very much.  Again:  Be safe everyone!

Greg McDonnell
Mobile, AL