Electrical questions...

Having spent the weekend on my 68's engine maladies, I have decided to turn my interest to electrical issues:

I'm curious why the radio, power antenna and windows all work when the ignition key is in the off position. The wipers don't and the turn signals don't. Is this normal? The safety on-off switch does prevent the occupants from operating the windows, however, the driver's switches still work with the ignition turned off.

I have been rotating the dashboard light dimmer a lot, maybe not 1,000 times, but a lot. I haven't seen a glimmer of light coming from the dashboard. The interior courtesy lights work, going on and off with the door switch and the dashboard light dimmer switch.

The parking lights, tail lights and side markers won't come on, although the headlights, stop lights and the turn signals/4-way flashers do work. Is this a fuse that I haven't found or is this the headlight toggle switch? I have turned this one on and off a lot, too, to no avail. Are these switches accessible? I figure I'm going to have to remove the Auto-Pilot for this?

Lastly, I have seen mention of a courtesy light in the driver's side armrest. I haven't been able to locate this: Where is it? It's probably tied into the dash lights and so I'm not seeing it come on?

There is a switch on the rear passenger side armrest. I figure this operates the dome light? Reading lights?

With 60º+ weather in the mid-atlantic region, yesterday, I'm sure there were a bunch of Imperial owners getting out for a spring drive though I only saw Harleys. If I can get the bulk of my problems taken care of, I'll be ready for inspection and a drive to Carlisle!

EdH
'68 Crown Coupe
http://homepage.mac.com/printbear/PhotoAlbum3.html