1990 pages

They run very smooth, and mostly quite. Especially
when the A604 is in good shape.

The 3.3 has been known as an engine that likes to make
noises, but from inside the car, you'd never hear it.

There was a thread in the AC/AY Allpar forumn about
the noises the 3.3 is known to make. Seems that
somtimes it can make several different noises, but you
can't hear them unless the hood is up.

My Dynasty's 3.3 is extremely quite, er, was. The
airfilter I've got has a wistleing sound to it at idle
RPM's, but you'd have to have the hood up to even come
close to hearing it.

The A604 is a quite and smooth tranny when working
right. Mine is loud as hell when in reverse (ends up a
TSB on the valve body talks about that....) and when
being stuck in limp mode (which in my case, is about
as loud or louder then when the car had no exhaust
system- all kinds of metallic grinding noises as the
tranny wants to get into 3rd but the TCM won't let
it...).