From: "Ted Blackington" <cebuisle@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 8:46 PM
Subject: IML: 55 master cylinders

Hello fellow!

Been reading all the info

 re;55 Imp power brakes. I have a 55. Got my master done by White Post
Restorations in Virginia. They did a fine job of re=sleeving and restoring
at a reasonable price though I've forgotten the exact amount.

A word of caution to you who own these cars-the square nut topped cylinder
cover WILL RUST SHUT if any moisture is present in your system. When you try
to "wrench" it off, the hollow nut will crumble and then you have a real
problem!! This happened to me, and I had to drill a hole in the top to
replenish the fluid until White rebuilt it. I would suggest turning the
cover a few times each year to prevent this from happening--

Ted Blackington