The mighty fine '69

I'm looking at a '69 for sale and was wondering if anyone could offer tips regarding the pitfalls and problem areas common with that year.  The car is straight but rough, and although garaged presently (and for the past dozen years, according to the seller), it shows signs of weather exposure (rust below the rear window and the vinyl top looks like it went through a shredder).  The car isn't running, and the seller says it's just a dead battery, but that it also needs a new Master cylinder (if life was only that easy).  Has been stored with the windows down and is filthy.  Comments are welcome...